Similar to road traffic, there are certain rules to apply to slopes, such as right of way, choice of track and conduct towards other skiers, even obligatory identity display. Study these ten FIS security rules carefully and practice compliance with your children. We hope you have accident-free, exciting hours on the slopes in Zauchensee and Flachauwinkl!
1. Respect other skiers: behave in a manner that does not endanger or harm other skiers.
2. Control of speed and ski operation: absolutely ski what you can see and adapt your speed and ski operation to your skill level and the terrain, snow and weather conditions. Pay attention to ski traffic!
3. Choice of track: choose your path in a manner that doesn’t endanger slower skiers in front of you.
4. Overtaking: you may overtake left or right, but leave a distance that gives the overtaken skier enough room to manoeuvre. Pay particular attention to children as they might react unexpectedly.
5. Entering and approaching: very similar to road traffic, look up and down the hill to ensure that you can approach without endangering yourself or others.